Footsteps..by Michael

Footsteps..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Audrey left the night club fairly intoxicated, but was able to walk. She was happy that her apartment was only three blocks away, as no car was needed to get her back home. It was one o'clock in the morning and still dark outside as Audrey reached block two of her final destination. The silence of the evening was disturbed by the sound of footsteps behind her, maybe a block away. She stopped and turned around as a frightening thought of someone following her crossed her mind. His footsteps stopped as all she could see was the strike of a match lighting a cigarette. One block to go as Audrey was in panic mode and began to pick up the pace. The footsteps got louder behind her as she then knew that she was being followed. Her fingers raced through the purse which contained the keys to her front door. The footsteps was now right behind her as she turned around in fear for her life. "I'm sorry to have scared you like this, Anthony said. I just wanted to make sure you got home safe as I saw you walking alone". She was relieved as the both introduced each other from a night club they both were at that evening. A date was set up to meet there the following weekend as Audrey and Anthony had a hug goodnight. His apartment was four blocks away as they happened to travel the same path in order to get home. Two years later they walked down the aisle together as husband and wife. Footsteps not behind one another, but this time next to each other. Case in point in a short love story about Audrey and Anthony, where sometimes we get together from an incident in romantic trails which follows our footsteps......
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 16 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
Added on June 24, 2014
Last Updated on June 24, 2014
Tags: fiction, fantasy, romance, short story

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing