The Hitching Post..by Michael

The Hitching Post..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Doris had a recurring dream which didn't make sense. A familiar puzzle we all go through in our nightly escapades. A horse was being tied to a wooden stake in the ground. Then she saw a sign up ahead which couldn't be read. However she entered the place and soon exited smiling as she then woke up. The dream finally stopped occurring as the following Friday evening she left work as usual. Just before the subway entrance was a brand new bar that had just opened. The sign outside triggered a memory of a recurring dream she once had. It read "The Hitching Post". Now it made it sense to her about the horse being tied up to a wooden stake in the ground. Doris not only felt like having a few drinks, but was also curious to go in there. After an hour a young man introduced himself and offered to buy her a drink. She accepted as Danny told her of his strange recurring dream. It happened to be the exact same one as hers. And so the puzzle was solved for two previously confused dreamers. Their mutual attraction led to their dating and eventually getting married...
Maybe two people see a new sign outside of a new bar that had just opened. They both exit the place with a smile, just like in their dreams. Case in point in a short love story about Doris and Danny, where future love is tied up at "The Hitching Post"...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman

See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
Added on June 30, 2014
Last Updated on June 30, 2014
Tags: fiction, fantasy, romance, short story

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing