Self Service Salad Bar..by Michael

Self Service Salad Bar..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Sally reached her final destination, a new summer resort she was about to spend two weeks at. She missed her morning meal and no lunch was served there, just breakfast and dinner. It worked out alright however, as the outdoor pool had a bar and grill. An early afternoon cheeseburger with fries would hold her over until dinner time. After some swimming and lounging at a table there with a few drinks, the afternoon flew by. Sally decided to take a nice two hour nap before dinner. She showered, got dressed, then changed for dinner. The first stop was an open salad bar before the waitresses came around to take your dinner order. Sally filled her usual bowl with a plain lettuce salad and French dressing. She cursed at the next tray which only had the one grape tomato left. The man in front of her turned around and added four of his onto her bowl as he said "now your salad is complete". She smiled and thanked him for his thoughtful gesture of kindness and concern. The following afternoon Sally noticed him at the outdoor pool. She noticed what he was drinking and went to the bar for another one in order to surprise him and repay the good deed from the night before. This one is on me" she said with a smile. Steve introduced himself and invited her join him. A nap was taken was both as each agreed to meet at dinner. The remaining time of their summer vacation was spent together. One year later they got married and had their honeymoon at that same summer resort. He stood behind his wife at the salad bar and cursed at an empty tray of grape tomato's. She turned around and filled his bowl as both remembered how it all began...Maybe our final destination leads to a salad bar with something missing. Yet is fulfilled on the way to a dinner table, and eventually leads to the same romantic trails to their life together. Case in point in a short love story about Sally and Steve...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman

See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
Added on July 1, 2014
Last Updated on July 1, 2014
Tags: fiction, fantasy, romance, short story

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing