"Drive In Movie 5 Miles Ahead"..by Michael

"Drive In Movie 5 Miles Ahead"..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

William just felt like taking a long drive one Saturday afternoon. While traveling on a new highway he noticed a sign that read "Drive In Movie 5 Miles Ahead". Something he hadn't been to in at least twenty years. He though they were extinct like dinosaurs, pay phones, and subway tokens. William got off the exit and drove into the parking lot as he shut off the car. It would twenty minutes before the feature film would begin. A snack bar was noticed and he walked there to order a burger and fries. It would be delivered to him as he gave the checkout girl his parking spot number. It was an old flick called "Rebel Without A Cause" with James Dean. It brought a fond memory of that same movie he saw with his very first girlfriend. William went back to his car with five minutes left before the film would start. He dozed off into a sound sleep, then awoke to the tapping sound on his window with a girl on roller skates bringing him his order. Two orders of burgers and fries were handed to him through his open window. He was confused at the extra order until a voice next to him from the passenger seat said, "I'm starving, pass me the food". He looked to his right and saw Wendy, his very first girlfriend. They hugged and kissed as if it was the first time. The once younger couple were now that way again. William and Wendy now look back at this experience after getting married this time...Maybe time travel is available where another chance is given for a first time couple. Case in point in a short love story about William and Wendy, where romantic trails take a turn at an exit that read "Drive In Movie 5 Miles Ahead"...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman

See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

317 Views
Added on July 15, 2014
Last Updated on July 15, 2014
Tags: fiction, fantasy, romance, short story

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing