Where The Ring Said It All...by Michael

Where The Ring Said It All...by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Charley walked into the game room on his first day at the old age home. He was 91 years old. Looking to make a new friend, he noticed a lady by herself sitting and waiting to play a game of checkers. "Want to play a game"? he asked her. "Have a seat and let us begin", she replied. The 89 year old woman made the first move. Her name was Caroline. He noticed a ring on her finger which looked very familiar and asked, "where did you get that ring from"? "It was from a boyfriend in high school many, many years ago", she replied. "Do you remember his name"? he asked her. "Yes, it was Charley", she replied. "Then it was me that gave you my graduation ring and I am he". They never finished that game of checkers and just talked about old times. Tears rolled down their cheeks as the held hands once again. The old former couple walked out the front door of the old age home, never to return again. 18 year old Charley gave his 16 year old girlfriend Caroline a ring that same day. They didn't lose touch this time and eventually got married. No records were found of such a couple in the old age home as fate had rewritten what was supposed to be...Maybe love is rekindled when the time is right. It brings us back to a place where it all began, and then continues where it supposed to go...Case in point in a short love story about Charley and Caroline, where the ring said it all...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman

See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

277 Views
Added on July 16, 2014
Last Updated on July 16, 2014
Tags: fiction, fantasy, romance, short story

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing