More Than A Vanilla Malted..by Michael

More Than A Vanilla Malted..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Beverly walked as usual one Saturday afternoon to her favorite luncheonette. The man behind the counter was familiar with her same order as he prepared it as soon as she walked in. Beverly sat on the stool and sipped on her vanilla malted which would fill her up for lunch as usual. A new first time customer came in and sat down two stools away from her. Benny ordered a vanilla malted and sipped on it with a straw. The man behind the counter noticed this, as the two sitting there didn't. He looked at Benny and then pointed to Beverly. The new customer then saw what she was having as the exact same thing as him. He held up his glass and said "cheers". She did the same. That was what made him move over one more stool and sit next to her as he introduced himself. The attraction was obvious as the man behind the counter smiled. Benny became a regular customer only this time they sat together. Two years later the man behind the counter got a phone call. He was requested to be the best man at their wedding. He made a significant and emotional speech to the guests on how they met. The luncheonette has been filled to capacity ever since. The man behind the counter was very busy serving vanilla malteds....Maybe we meet two stools away with the same lunch ordered...Case in point in a short love story about Beverly and Benny, where two straws sip on something more than a vanilla malted...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

250 Views
Added on July 20, 2014
Last Updated on July 20, 2014
Tags: fiction, fantasy, romance, short story

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing