That Same Sliding Pond..by Michael

That Same Sliding Pond..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Darlene visited a playground from an elementary school she once attended.  childhood memory of where she loved her favorite ride. Back in those days it was called "the sliding pond". One would walk about ten steps to the top. Then sit on the seat before sliding down the smooth silver slide. It was a Saturday afternoon and the school was closed as she had the playground all to herself. The now thirty old Darlene felt like a kid once again as she slid down the slide. The next trip up those ten steps, she heard footsteps climbing up behind her. It was Danny, another person who had decided to visit an old favorite playground that same Saturday afternoon. They recognized each other from so many years ago as once first time boyfriend and girlfriend. She smiled as he sat behind her and put his arms around her waist. The former couple laughed as they slid down to the bottom of the slide.It turned out that they both now lived in the same neighborhood, only one mile away from each other. Two years later Darlene and Danny got married. Before they went on their honeymoon, the now married couple slide down the sliding pond as he put his arms around her waist...Maybe a place we once used to go to, had an attraction yet to be continued. Case in point in a short love story about Darlene and Danny, where they still ride together down that same sliding pond...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
Added on July 29, 2014
Last Updated on July 29, 2014
Tags: fiction, fantasy, romance, short story

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing