When The Time Is Right..by Michael

When The Time Is Right..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Doris was crossing the railroad tracks while driving her car. It stalled as the wooden arm behind her lowered and a flashing red light blinked warning motorists to stop as a train was approaching. She heard the blaring horn of the oncoming train as she frantically tried to restart the ignition. Then Doris passed out from panic. The man behind her saw the critical situation and reacted swiftly. He raced to the drivers side of her car, opened the door and pulled the unconscious lady out of the way from the very close oncoming train. The car was demolished yet she was safe now thanks to Danny, who had just saved her life. She woke up in his arms, a little dazed but coherent. He offered to drive her to where she was going and she accepted. They held hands in the front seats of his car out of gratitude plus a mutual attraction for each other. Her destination was reached as it was a new home she was about to move into. Danny was invited in as they spent the night together. Eventually he moved in with her and they decided to get married the following year. Danny drove her back to his former neighborhood to show Doris where he used to live. They stopped just before a railroad crossing and smiled at how they first met...Maybe it was meant to be that he was behind her when she needed someone's help. Case in point in a short love story about Doris and Danny, where we intersect when the time is right....
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
Added on July 30, 2014
Last Updated on July 30, 2014
Tags: fiction, fantasy, romance, short story

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing