Upgraded Ring...by Michael

Upgraded Ring...by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Thirty year old Kevin was invited to a high school reunion He was excited and would gladly attend the following month. He replied to accept the invitation and was looking forward to seeing some old classmate friends. A challenge to put a face with a name he once knew. The old soda and fruit punch was now replaced by beer and hard liquor as the now grown adults were old enough to drink. A live band was there also to play those oldies that the kids remembered during those years. It was like stepping into a time machine and reliving the past. He recognized only a handful of former friends until there was only twenty minutes left before the reunion would be over. It was then that he spotted Karen. A name and face never to be forgotten. She was approached by him and also remembered those fond years together. They danced a slow one from a time period as it used to be their favorite song as boyfriend and girlfriend. He noticed she was still wearing his high school ring. Kevin and Karen reconnected and continued where they left off. One year later he surprised her with an engagement ring as she accepted. The young one time former boyfriend and girlfriend now became an adult married couple. The high school ring was replaced by a wedding ring...Maybe a familiar face met from an invitation had them go there for a special purpose. Case in point in a short love story about Kevin and Karen, where there was an upgraded ring to make it now permanent...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

255 Views
Added on August 1, 2014
Last Updated on August 1, 2014
Tags: fiction, fantasy, romance, short story

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing