The Final Catch..by Michael

The Final Catch..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

   
It was a nice warm but not too hot June morning. Julie decided to spend the day at a local park not too far away. She packed some food and drinks for the relaxing day ahead. Her dog came with her for company and someone to play with. Julie found the perfect bench to set up her stuff underneath a tree in the shade. It was now time to play with her dog. His favorite toy was brought and that was a Frisbee. He would catch it and then bring it back to her as this repeated for the next half hour. One last time she would throw it and then they would go back home. The last catch however wasn't made by her dog. Another one nearby jumped and grabbed it instead. That's when Jack apologized as it was also his pet's favorite toy which he had forgotten to bring with him. That was how the four them met that nice but not too hot June day. They decided to stay a little longer at the park as they got to know each other better. The rest of the summer was spent together as the two hit it off right from the beginning. One year later at an outdoor wedding at that same park, Jack threw his Frisbee to his pet dog. This time however, Julie's dog caught the pass as they looked at each other and laughed out loud at how they first met...Maybe we meet under a rare circumstance where a dog has it's owner meet someone else. Case in point in a short love story about Julie and Jack, along with a favorite toy that made the final catch...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
Added on August 9, 2014
Last Updated on August 9, 2014
Tags: fiction, fantasy, romance, short story

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing