Save The Last Dance For Me..by Michael

Save The Last Dance For Me..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

   
Theresa heard her favorite oldie on the radio one day. It was by the drifters who sang "Save The Last For Me". The song brought back a thought of her first true love from high school. It was also his favorite song and they happened to dance to it at the senior prom. She got a lump in her throat, then shed a few tears of how she missed him so much. Two weeks later she went out one Friday night after work and decided to stop for a few drinks at a bar only a block away. It was her first time there as she sat on a stool and ordered her first rum and coke. Three hours passed by before she noticed a jukebox in the far corner of the bar. She decided to play one song before she was going to leave. Her eyes lit up as the selections were all oldies. Theresa scanned each and every title until she saw "Save The Last Dance For Me". Her coin was fed into the slot as she pushed the desired selection. A voice from behind her said, "may I have this dance please"? She turned around to see a man her same age with a rum and coke in his hand. It was Tommy, her long lost love. They both shed some tears at the same along with a beaming, loving smile that used to be. The former first time lovers rode the train together back home that evening. He had to get off one stop before hers as that meant they lived fairly close to each other. One year later there was a jukebox sitting in the far corner of their wedding reception. A coin was fed into the slot as the now husband and wife held each other tightly when they swayed gently to an oldie "Save The Last Dance For Me"...Maybe one Friday evening after work, two people from the past get back together in the present. Case in point in a short love story about Theresa and Tommy, where a promise was fulfilled in "Save The Last Dance For Me"...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
Added on August 13, 2014
Last Updated on August 13, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing