Comic Relief..by Michael

Comic Relief..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Henry sat on a stool at a new bar that just opened last week. He ordered his favorite beer and after the fourth one, the inevitable happened. His first burp of the evening. However this wasn't your average burp. He would intentionally say "rib bit" as it came out. It sounded exactly just like a loud frog. The bartended cracked up and burst out laughing. It was the first time he had ever heard such a thing. Henry explained it was an old habit he did and thought it might make people laugh when being out in public. He could also burp on purpose without having the beer. A young lady sat on the stool next to Henry. The bartender served her what she asked for. He then leaned over to his new buddy and said, Can you do that again in a few minutes so we can see how she reacts"? Henry smiled and whispered, "I will do that"! A really loud rib bit was delivered as promised about ten minutes later. Harriet laughed out loud so hard, she almost peed in her pants. "You know, that sounded exactly like my pet frog" she said to the stranger. That was Henry and Harriet met one fine Saturday evening. Two years the bride made a speech to the guests at their wedding. Then it was Henry's turn. It was planned ahead of time as he ended his speech over the microphone with the loudest rib bit you would ever hear. After the laughter subsided, all of the guests gave a big round of applause to the new bride and groom...Maybe an old habit of burping and sounding like a frog has its rewards. It certainly did for Henry and Harriet...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The story is very nice, but this is what a person who reviewed one of my own stories would call "telling" instead of "showing." There isn't a lot of description- just a lot of he did this she did that. I think it would be more enjoyable if there were more description- what the bar looked like, what kind of beer he drank, what Henry and the lady looked like, etc. Also, I think you made some mistakes; when you say "two years the bride made a speech..." did you mean "two years later"? Same with "That was Henry and Harriet met one fine Saturday evening." I think you forget to put "when" after "was."

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by this stories author.
SouthSoul

9 Years Ago

I very much appreciate it, I'm going to work on it with that in mind!
Thank-you so much
.. read more
Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

welcome and good luck!



Reviews

The story is very nice, but this is what a person who reviewed one of my own stories would call "telling" instead of "showing." There isn't a lot of description- just a lot of he did this she did that. I think it would be more enjoyable if there were more description- what the bar looked like, what kind of beer he drank, what Henry and the lady looked like, etc. Also, I think you made some mistakes; when you say "two years the bride made a speech..." did you mean "two years later"? Same with "That was Henry and Harriet met one fine Saturday evening." I think you forget to put "when" after "was."

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by this stories author.
SouthSoul

9 Years Ago

I very much appreciate it, I'm going to work on it with that in mind!
Thank-you so much
.. read more
Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

welcome and good luck!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

350 Views
1 Review
Added on August 16, 2014
Last Updated on September 2, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing