Hula Hoops..by Michael

Hula Hoops..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Janice decided to clean out her attic. It's been about ten years and she was overdue. Years of stuffed saved had to be gone through, sorted out, and thrown away. It took a good three hours to go through everything. The final item she just had to save. A keep sake from the early sixties and a fond childhood memory for sure. It was that all too popular hula hoop. She decided to take it with her to an outdoor park one Saturday afternoon. One of her favorite cassette tapes that had sixties oldies on it was brought with her also. It was like riding your old childhood bicycle, you never forget how to do it. The perfect song came on and the hula hoop swiveled around her hips as she kept time with the music. Jerry noticed her from another park bench about twenty feet away. He couldn't believe it as he also found that exact same item while cleaning out his attic also the night before. Jerry approached her table carrying his childhood memory with him. She was quite surprised to see another person there with an old favorite relic of years gone by. After they said hello to each other, the rest of the day was theirs. She rewound the tape back to that song. Then the two of them swiveled their hips as they danced together. Two years later there was a strange event, but a happy one. The bride and groom requested a special oldie from the live band. Then they swiveled their hips along with their saved hula hoops...Maybe there are two different attics in two different locations that needed a cleaning. An item is saved by both home owners. It is brought to a park one Saturday afternoon as that may be the reason the two of them got together. Case in point in a short love story about Janice and Jerry, with past and future memories of hula hoops...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
Added on August 19, 2014
Last Updated on August 19, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing