Cowboy Hats And Sawdust..by Michael

Cowboy Hats And Sawdust..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Robert traveled on a cross country tour that had him stop at different states. He was now about to rest up and sleep over for a week in Texas. The hotel was nice and he asked the front desk clerk about where he could visit any nightly activity. "Two miles down the road is a place called Willie's bar and restaurant. Live bands are included Friday and Saturday evenings". the clerk informed him. Robert enjoyed country music so he decided to go there tomorrow night which was a Friday. Sawdust adorned the dance floor and everybody there wore a cowboy hat. The waitress approached his table as he ordered his favorite beer. Five drinks later, the cute country waitress introduced herself to Robert. He accepted her invitation for a dance during her upcoming twenty minute break. Rebecca held him quite tightly during their first slow dance. He felt the same way as there was an attraction between them. He told he that he would return tomorrow as it was her night off and they could spend the entire time together there. She wanted to move from where she was living and start a new life with someone special. He accepted as he also felt the same way. His van was packed as they now traveled back to his hometown in New York. Rebecca moved in with him and they became a couple. Six months later she accepted his engagement ring as they got married the following year. It was quite unusual but appropriate, as the guests wore cowboy hats and the dance floor was covered with sawdust...Maybe a trip across country has one unexpected outcome. A return to trip with a now new passenger in the front seat. Case in point in a short love story about Robert and Rebecca, where romantic trails follows a path of cowboy hats and sawdust....
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A few spelling errors but all in all, I really enjoyed reading it. I love short stories and this is one of the better ones I have found.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thank you Krista so much. You may want to look at my 17 published books of short stories on my web s.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

289 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 6, 2014
Last Updated on September 6, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing