Somewhere Outdoors..by Michael

Somewhere Outdoors..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Gloria was fed up with the no smoking laws passed in her state. There was no where left to light up except for outdoors. Leaving a restaurant in the middle of a meal, or walking outside while enjoying your drink at a bar or nightclub was just too frustrating and annoying. It was Super Bowl Sunday as Gloria went to her favorite sports bar to watch the game. Her favorite hometown team, the New York Giants were behind by a field goal, just  three points away from tying up the score. The perfect time to go outside and enjoy a smoke or two. That was where she met Gary who had the same intentions in mind. They decided to watch the rest of the game at her place where they could light up and smoke whenever they felt like it. The Giants won in overtime with a touchdown that was scored during the final thirty seconds. They jumped up and down and cheered and then toasted each other with a celebration hug and kiss. Future sports games were now watched in the privacy of their own homes. Restaurants were ignored as Gloria and Gary ate together and puffed at each others place where no smoking rules didn't apply. Besides, their home cooked meals were a lot better along with not waiting to be served that long. There was a carefully planned outdoor wedding two years later. The reason was obvious as the now married couple could light up and smoke as they were already outdoors. Case in point in a short love story about Gloria and Gary, where romantic trails takes us somewhere outdoors...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
Added on September 9, 2014
Last Updated on September 9, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing