A Perfect Fit..by Michael

A Perfect Fit..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Arlene worked behind the counter in the jewelry department of a large shopping mall. One late customer approached fifteen minutes before closing time. Andy made a purchase of an engagement ring just before the store was about to close. It was to be a surprise gift to his sweetheart of three years being together. His girlfriend told him two days prior to his planned surprise that she had met someone else quite a while ago. This news shook him up as a break up was now inevitable. The ring was kept by him and saved in memory of those three years together. The return policy was certainly expired, yet Andy drove back to the mall where he had purchased it from. He walked up to the jewelry counter the ring was held in hand. Arlene noticed the young man crying even before he said one word. "I'm sorry it didn't work out for you", she said as Arlene felt his pain. "I know the return policy has expired, so just put it back in the display case for someone else". "The right one is yet to come", she replied. He noticed her in the parking lot as the store was now closed and she was ready to go home. "Want some company tonight", Arlene asked. "Sure thing, anywhere you want to go is fine with me", he replied. Andy was invited to her place and he accepted. One year later she took an item that was already sold but returned as a special surprise for Andy. "This is now yours once again to do with what you wish for", she said to him. Andy slipped the ring onto her finger as it just so happened to be a perfect fit....Maybe jewelry counters have a special return policy for not just an item, but for two human beings. Case in point in a short love story about Arlene and Andy, where romantic trails lead to be a perfect fit....
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

267 Views
Added on September 13, 2014
Last Updated on September 13, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing