When The Time Is Right..by Michael

When The Time Is Right..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Forty two year old Amanda was drowning her loneliness while sipping on a glass of scotch on the rocks. The two hour buzz made her feel a little better as reality slipped away. The man sitting next to her said, "Next one's on me", as their stools swiveled towards each other. Loneliness disappeared along with their glasses of scotch on the rocks. A connection was made as their attraction and interest in each other grew with each sentence of their slurred conversation. A late dinner was suggested by Anthony and Amanda agreed. The bartender called a car service for them and smiled as he knew this was going to work out for them. A nice and filling Italian meal was had by both, followed by a few cups of coffee. They sobered up just in time for their ride back home. Her invitation to come over her place was excepted, and the newly met couple continued where they left off. It was late, or should I say the next morning as Amanda asked him if he wanted to spend the night. Anthony slept on the living room couch as she slept in her bedroom as usual. He woke mid afternoon and noticed she was she still sleeping. Anthony took the liberty of using her house phone to order a large pizza pie. He knew she would be hungry upon waking up. Amanda was quite pleasantly surprised and gave him a big hug for thinking of her. The pizza even had her two favorite toppings of pepperoni and sliced tomatoes. One year later the bride and groom toasted each other at their wedding table. A smooth scotch on the rocks followed by a large pizza pie with pepperoni and tomato...Maybe romantic trails sits on a stool that swivels in the right direction. It travels to a restaurant and then another's home. The final destination being a wedding table, where the journey finally ends, yet continues...Case in point in a short love story about Amanda and Anthony, where we need to go to when the time is right...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is the first short story I read and looking forward to read more!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thank you my new friend! I write one short story per day, so you will have enough to look at and enj.. read more
A. Amos

9 Years Ago

You're most welcome...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

311 Views
1 Review
Added on September 21, 2014
Last Updated on September 21, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing