The Sandlot..by Michael

The Sandlot..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Mark visited a block he used to grow up on a long time ago. A former borough of Brooklyn where he used to live with his parents. The thirty five year old parked his car in front of  the house he once lived in. It looked the same from the outside as it did way back when. Across the street was a sandlot that still remained. A vacant area where he and his friends used to play stickball. Mark smiled and cried at the same at two different memories flooded his brain. One was of happier times playing ball and running around the bases. The other was of a girlfriend who was lost in a tragic accident. She used to watch him play from behind the fence which separated the sandlot from the street. It was a foul ball that bounced off his bat and sailed back over that fence. Maria yelled out "I'll get it", as she ran into the street without looking. A car took her young life that day. Mark saw the front door open from his former place of residence as young child. "It's lunchtime son, come in and eat, then go back to your game", his parents said. The now fifteen year Mark did just that. He returned to the sandlot as his girlfriend Maria stood outside the fence, waiting for his turn to step up to the plate. He did just that with a memory of what he did not want to go through again. This time around he laid down his stickball bat and said to the team, "I have to quit now for reasons that are needed to be done." Mark met his girlfriend Maria outside of that fence as they made other plans that day. He never moved from that old neighborhood this time around as the young teenage couple had a chance to continue where they left off....Maybe love has another chance to change fate for the better. Case in point in a short love story about Mark and Maria, where their destiny is now continued just outside the sandlot....

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

387 Views
Added on October 3, 2014
Last Updated on October 3, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing