Where It Left Off..by Michael

Where It Left Off..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Salina loved to sing, even as a young child of seven years old. Her parents noticed this talent as their daughter used to sing along with the tunes played on the radio. In perfect pitch and range as it continued when her parents had made a decision to enter their now thirteen year old daughter in a singing competition. It would be on a major T V program that was run once a year. Salina breezed through the auditions and was selected in the final twenty contestants who would appear for the season opener. She would be in stiff competition with others who were in their twenties and late teens. Naturally the thirteen year old was the underdog and not expected to go very far. Week after week the judges were blown away by her voice and the lovely selection of songs she chose to sing. The stage was set for the final episode of the season. Only two contestants remained. Twenty three old Stanley from Bridgeport, Connecticut, and thirteen year old Salina from Brooklyn, New York. They both gave a beautiful performance as a commercial break would air before the winner was announced. Stanley and Salina stood before the three judges holding hands as the live audience and T V viewers at home held their breath. After a brief evaluation of each others performance, the winner was announced. The host paused and then said "Salina, you have just won"....The audience got up out of their seats and applauded and cheered the final decision. Mom and dad stood up also, yet they also cried at the same time. Stanley hugged Salina and then shook her hand in congratulations. They had been close friends during the entire competition despite their ten year age difference. Connecticut and New York was not a factor in distance as the two decided to visit each as often as they could. Time marched on as the now thirty three year old Stanley and twenty three year old Salina said their vows at a wedding to be remembered. She sang their favorite song before their own live audience. A voice that continues where it left off.....Maybe romantic trails starts with singing along with tunes from a radio. It then wins first prize in a singing competition. Finally it ends up at a wedding reception, where love continues where it left off....
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think there could be an interesting story here... the most interesting part seems to be somewhat underplayed, as it is a story of a love affair between a girl who is 13 and a man who is 23 when they meet. Do they have any romantic relations at that time? That to me is the most interesting part.

I assume this is just an outline for a story though? It doesn't feel like a finished product. If it isn't supposed to be an outline for a longer story, then I'd say that it should be :)

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

370 Views
1 Review
Added on October 5, 2014
Last Updated on October 5, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing