Pass The Ketchup..by Michael

Pass The Ketchup..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Beverly decided she didn't want to cook dinner one Saturday evening. Therefore she hopped into her car and drove about a mile to the local diner. The parking was pretty crowded as I guess a lot of other people had the same idea as she did. A simple cheeseburger with fries was ordered after she sat down at a booth. The meal came out fairly quick as she then noticed there was no bottle of ketchup on her table. The man sitting in a booth nearby noticed this and got up as placed his nearly full bottle on her table and smiled at her. "Your timing is just perfect", she said with a wide smile back at him. They happened to meet at the checkout counter to pay their tabs at the same time. The attraction was there and Beverly invited him over for dinner the following Saturday. "Please pass the ketchup" he said as they both laughed out loud at how they first met. Three years later a waiter brought out a special dinner just for the bride and groom. A simple cheeseburger and fries. "Please pass the ketchup"....Maybe one Saturday evening, a man and woman decided not cook that evening. The same diner was chosen as both arrived at the same time. A missing item was provided which was needed to complete the beginning of a romantic relationship. Case in point in a short love story about Beverly and Benny, where romantic trails was destined to pass the ketchup...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This reminds me of when I got to attend graduate school in Southern California for one year. I couldn't find any catchup anywhere there only Tabasco Sauce. The only place I remember there being ketchup was across from the McDonald's across from Disneyland

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

323 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 6, 2014
Last Updated on October 6, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing