Only Five Blocks Away..by Michael

Only Five Blocks Away..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Barry found a small but cozy luncheonette only five blocks away by accident. He was on the way to another destination when he noticed it. On the way back from where he was going, Barry stopped off there to check it out. He wasn't hungry, just a little thirsty. A vanilla malted was ordered and the service was quick as nobody else was there. Half way through his large glass, another first time customer walked in. She found a small but cozy luncheonette only five blocks away by accident. She was on the way to another destination when she noticed it. On the way back from where she was going, Belinda stopped there to check it out. She wasn't hungry just thirsty. Two stools away she sat down and ordered a vanilla malted as Barry noticed this. The man behind the counter smiled to himself as he knew this was going to lead to something. A conversation began as it was found out that she lived only ten blocks away from him, just the opposite direction. An informal date was made for the following Saturday. This time a table for two at a luncheonette where they first met. The same lunch was ordered as they got to know each other even better. Over the next year, the two of them and the man behind the counter became quite close. It was three years after that when all three attended a special event. Barry's and Belinda's wedding...Maybe romantic trails begins accidentally at a newly discovered luncheonette. A path of love that takes them to their ultimate destination. Case in point in a short love story about Barry and Belinda, which started only five blocks away....
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

hey Michael..

I've just been going over some of your stories and basically I'm stumped...You make it seem so effortless, easy...
How do you do it? I mean, how do you take your stories down to just the core of it...???
Any tips would be appreciated...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Here is the secret..Imagine yourself in the story and feeling the emotions as you write. It then bec.. read more



Reviews

hey Michael..

I've just been going over some of your stories and basically I'm stumped...You make it seem so effortless, easy...
How do you do it? I mean, how do you take your stories down to just the core of it...???
Any tips would be appreciated...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Here is the secret..Imagine yourself in the story and feeling the emotions as you write. It then bec.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

398 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 11, 2014
Last Updated on October 11, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing