The Mail Carrier..by Michael

The Mail Carrier..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Frankie would often open his front door to greet the mail carrier. She was always on time and said good morning with a big friendly smile. He took a liking to her and secretly wished to himself that maybe he could get together one day with this attractive mail carrier. One Saturday morning he waited at the front door. His intention was to ask her out for a date. Frankie said to her, "would it be possible for us to see each sometime"? Felicia replied, "I get off at 4 P M, what do you feel like doing"? "How about dinner and drinks at my place"? he responded. At seven in the evening she rang his bell and he invited her in. They got to know each other while chatting during dinner and enjoying their drinks. It was one year later when the mail carrier rang his doorbell this particular Saturday morning. It was a certified small box which he had to sign for. Something Frankie was eagerly waiting for to arrive. A special date was set up that evening as he knew what needed to be done. Felicia rang his bell and after dinner he said "I'll be right back with a surprise for you". "That's the small box I delivered this morning" she said with a confused look on her face. "Open it my dear, its a gift I ordered for you". She was shocked and then cried as the engagement was slipped on her finger...Maybe romantic trails comes in the form of mail carrier who greets us in the mornings. It ends with something delivered that was meant for her. Case in point in a short love story about Frankie and Felicia, where more than deliveries are made by the mail carrier....
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
Added on October 16, 2014
Last Updated on October 16, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing