Was To Be Remembered..by Michael

Was To Be Remembered..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Tommy heard a weeping sound from a deserted alley a half a block from his home. It was the middle of December as he was coming home from work. The darkness was dimly lit by a newspaper that was on fire in the bottom of a wired trash can. Sitting there was a huddled human being covered in a torn hole ridden blanket. He said hello and asked why she was there. "Because this is my home", the young girl replied with a quivering voice. "Not anymore it isn't! Come with me a half a block to my home and let's talk about it", he replied. Twenty four year old Teresa told her sad story as Tommy felt the pain of she had went through. After a long talk she was invited to use the shower and then sleep in his spare bedroom. The next morning was a Saturday and he took her shopping for new clothes to wear. They held hands as a comfortable connection filled their hearts from the night before. Thirty four old Tommy helped her find a job in the same company he worked for. A trainee position which she eventually made and soon became a permanent employee. The spare bedroom was no longer used as they slept together and became a couple in his home. At the company Christmas party, they announced their engagement plans. A round of applause echoed throughout the room. It may have been an unusual month to have a wedding, but not for Tommy and Teresa. You see, that was when they first met and that was how their special day was to be remembered....Maybe romantic trails is only a half a block away from home. It happens to be in a dimly alley with a huddled human being in need of help. Blessed to find each other, God smiled down at the caring and compassion which was to be remembered...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

358 Views
Added on October 17, 2014
Last Updated on October 17, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing