For My Grandma..by Michael

For My Grandma..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Grandma baked oatmeal and chocolate chip cookies like nobody could. There were weekends she spent here and gave mom a break, for she would cook and clean and even tuck me in as she read my favorite book to me. MY name is Audrey and I am twenty one years old. This is my story about Grandma from memories and a written diary I had saved as now these words will finally be told. Her dress was old fashioned and her hair looked like something out of an old black and white movie that mom and dad used to watch. She passed away hen I turned fourteen but I remember her as if it was yesterday. Now living in my own apartment at twenty one, I go to sleep and dream the same dream. It occurs in the same place and not my parents house where I used to live. The smell of oatmeal and chocolate chip cookies wakes me up from a sound sleep. An old lady fades from the kitchen in an old fashioned dress with silver gray hair and floats out the front door. She turns around and smiles at me before disappearing. I go back to bed, not sure if I am dreaming or awake. Then hear her reading a story from a childhood book that long ago must have been lost or forgotten. A blanket was pulled over me as I slept and felt a kiss on my cheek goodnight. The alarm clock went off that Monday morning for me to get up and get ready for work. My old favorite book lay on a pillow next to me which read "Alice In Wonderland". I checked the copyright date next to the bar code and it coincided with my twelfth birthday. The aroma of baked oatmeal and chocolate chip cookies still fills the air in my kitchen on certain weekends. "Hi Grandma, welcome back", I said out loud as she tucked me in and read a favorite story...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
Added on October 26, 2014
Last Updated on October 26, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing