At The Weenie Roast..by Michael

At The Weenie Roast..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

I was just driving along the country road taking in the sights and sounds of its serenity. A familiar hotel with a name long since forgotten had caught my eye. It was a place I spent one summer back in the 1950's. My two months vacation had a place at this unexpected stop had me check in for July and August. A lot of things remained the same even though they were some things that were different. My fifty year old body felt like a fourteen year old kid again as certain memories flooded my mind and heart. Like mom and dad winning at a bingo game and sharing their winnings with me, or an extra serving of fries to go along with a cheeseburger at dinner time. The next late afternoon had me walk to a baseball field where at one time I hit a home run and had our team win. It just then that I remembered her name. Michelle who sat beside me at a campfire just a hundred yards away where the counselors would set up a campfire for us to sit around. She was a first love where I regretted not asking for her phone number. Darkness fell and I walked the hundred yards to an old campground. Some twigs surrounded it as I lit the fire and wondered why. She sat next to me as the weenie roast began. We shared the hot dogs and kissed once again as I took out a pen and paper. She gave me a phone number which this time I called. The year didn't really matter, nor the age that this incident happened. All I can say is that there was an outdoor wedding at a place we had both been to before. Most of the guests sat around a campfire and fed each other from twigs that have been there before. A wonderful time we all shared together at the weenie roast....
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
Added on October 28, 2014
Last Updated on October 28, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing