Song Of The Hummingbird..by Michael

Song Of The Hummingbird..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Harold sat on the patio in his backyard looking at the garden he had planted. A nice variety of flowers had bloomed and he saw something for the first time. It was a hummingbird that seemingly stood still over a flower as she fed herself. The head and body were perfectly still, just the wings were a blur. He planted more of that same flower to keep her happy for seasons to come. Somehow he felt a special connection to that bird as it often visited his garden. It was some years later when Harold sat in a restaurant and was served by a new waitress. He felt a strange attraction to her as it was noticed that she had a tattoo on her shoulder of a hummingbird. It looked exactly like the same one from his garden. She felt the same attraction to him as his shirt had certain floral patterns of a garden that looked very familiar to her. Dolores accepted his offer for a date to meet after her shift was over. Some fascinating details surfaced about gardens, flowers, and hummingbirds. Dreams from her eyes revealed memories about fluttering over a flower while someone watched her from a distance while sitting on his lounge chair on a patio. Dolores was of American Indian descent and very often their given name means something and is related to nature. She told him that it meant in her native language "song of the hummingbird". Her jet black hair and dark brown eyes complimented the beautiful white wedding gown she wore the following summer. Harold kissed his new bride and shortly afterwards they both went on their honeymoon. There was an outdoor garden with a patio where the couple sat together. A familiar flower was there as a hummingbird fed herself. Maybe patios and gardens with a certain flower have special meanings for some. A point of consideration for those who can see and believe. Case in point in a short love story about Harold and Dolores, along with the song of the hummingbird...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
Added on November 3, 2014
Last Updated on November 3, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing