Two Orange Balloons..by Michael

Two Orange Balloons..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Bonnie fondly remembered her tenth birthday. She was now thirty two, yet a saved item from way back when which was just found recently had triggered this memory. Let us go back to a place in time of her tenth birthday party where it all began and see what the item was. Mom and Dad set up the basement for their daughters tenth birthday party. An ice cream cake along with ten candles was in it. Soda, snacks, and other goodies were laid out on the huge table in the basement. The table fit ten of her best friends from school and from the neighborhood she lived in. Mom and Dad didn't need a seat as they were busy serving and watching the guests at their daughters party. Balloons of different colors were stuck to the walls for a decoration. Bobby lived on the same block as Bonnie and was also in the same school as her. This was the first time they actually got together socially. She mingled with all of her friends but paid special attention to Bobby as there was an attraction between them. The party ended and almost all of the balloons either fell off the walls or were popped by the kids there. Two remained on the wall. They smiled at each other as it happened to be both of their favorite colors, orange. Both of them saved it as a fond memory before their first hug and kiss on the cheek was shared. Now we fast forward to the present time where Bonnie is now thirty two years old again. She sipped on her drink at the neighborhood bar. A stranger sat next to her and said hello. He remembered attending a tenth birthday party and the girl he first loved. Bobby took out of his pocket an orange balloon and smiled at her. Bonnie opened up her pocketbook and did the did the same thing as she smiled back at him. The hug was more intense this time and the kiss was more passionate. On the wall behind them at the wedding table were two saved items. Orange balloons...Maybe we save certain things from our childhood. They are found in the future which is taken by each to a place where it is supposed to be. And so it ends up in a final destination where it was meant to be displayed again. Case in point in a short love story about Bonnie and Bobby along with two orange balloons....
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice story, I'm a sentimentalist myself, if something like this happened to me though I would just die

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

We have that in common my dear friend.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
1 Review
Added on November 4, 2014
Last Updated on November 4, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing