Just Above The Horizon..by Michael

Just Above The Horizon..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

The sunrise rose just above the horizon. It was a new beginning of a new day. It showed itself on the quiet ocean, where not too far away he sat propped up on his lounge chair on the soft beach sands. Charley smiled at the ocean and the brand new day. Twenty feet away Shirley sat on her lounge chair propped up looking at the same new day. Each had just woken up from the night before. They took off their sunglasses as one head turned to the right, and the other turned to the left. Two secluded strangers waved at each other for the first time. New footprints decorated the sand as they walked towards each other. Their lounge chairs were moved to be placed only a foot apart from each other. Eventually the beach filled up that late morning into the afternoon with more people. However, Charley and Shirley were the first ones to go for a morning swim. That's how it all began for this unexpected meeting of two strangers. They often came there for the rest of the summer as feelings were mutual. Fall, winter, and spring followed and so did the new couple who were now seeing each other on a regular basis. One evening they watched a full moon together and held hands beneath the stars just above the horizon. The grass was a testament to those same footprints left in the sand. Four years later Charley and Shirley were now thirty eight and thirty six years old. That was when he proposed to her. The beach had many guests that summer outdoors. A June bride kissed her June husband at a place where they first had met. The honeymoon seemed to follow the pattern. Two lounge chairs sat together as the sunrise rose just above the horizon. Maybe in seclusion we are not really alone as someone else sits there also. Not too far away, yet close enough to notice one another. In their new home together, they looked out of the bedroom window and smiled. The sunrise rose just above the horizon...
Case in point in a short love story about Charley and Shirley...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
Added on November 6, 2014
Last Updated on November 6, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing