Little Fawn..by Michael

Little Fawn..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Benny was traveling through the Midwest and stopped at a gift shop next to a gas station. An old man stood behind the counter and waited for the new customer to pick something out. On one of the shelves was a beautiful wooden doll that stood about one foot high. The likeness an American Indian princess was quite incredible. Benny took twenty five dollars out of his wallet and paid the old man. He was told that the doll was in the image of his granddaughter which he personally carved and painted by himself. "She ran away from her home here about a year ago. If you happen to see her in your travels, tell her that her grandfather misses her". Benny shook the old mans hand and promised that he would do just that. In the next town he came to, the diner sure looked good as hunger was setting in. The booth next to him had someone familiar. Benny went back out to his car and brought back the doll as he sat down once again. He carefully looked at it and noticed on the bottom was engraved the name of "Little Fawn". The young girl sitting there looked a lot like her. "Excuse me miss, but is your name Little Fawn"? Her eyes widened and wondered how this complete stranger knew that. "Yes, but why are you asking"? Benny held up the doll in front of her and said "this is why". She started to cry and remembered how her grandpa made a doll in her likeness. "He wants you to come back home", Benny said. She shook her head yes as they both got into his car. They held hands in the front seat as both felt a lot better now. His car stopped next to a gas station and parked in front of a familiar gift shop. Little Fawn ran into a home she used to live in as her and the grandfather had a long hug and cry together. Benny came in as he kept his promise. There was now room for three as he moved in and eventually married her. The master of ceremonies at the wedding held up a doll and told a story to the guests. Everybody cried as he pointed to the bottom of the doll which read Little Fawn. Maybe we stop for a gift which finally reunites a grandpa and his runaway daughter. Case in point in a short love story about grandpa, Benny, and Little Fawn...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 15, 2014
Last Updated on November 15, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing