The Edge Of  A Platform..by Michael

The Edge Of A Platform..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Sixteen year old Samantha was chatting on her cell phone. It was in a place where this distraction wasn't very smart. She took one step too many while attempting to lean over the subway platform looking for the train to come. The phone hit the tracks first, followed by Samantha as her head hit the ground below. She lost consciousness and the blaring horn of the oncoming train was never heard by her. Steven was standing behind her just behind her before she fell. The seventeen year old jumped onto the tracks and lifted the unconscious Samantha as others helped to pull her up back onto the platform. The train came to a halt a little past where they were which would have killed them both. He rode in the ambulance with her as she was driven to the emergency room of a local hospital nearby. Samantha just suffered some minor cuts and bruises along with a slight concussion. The doctor explained to her what had happened after she opened her eyes and became fully conscious. Then he introduced Steven to her, the young man who saved her life. In her weakened and groggy condition, she still managed to give him a hug and a kiss as a thank you. She was kept for two more days at the hospital for observation purposes to make sure all was right with her. Steven picked her up after she was released and drove her home. The following Saturday she surprised him with a candle lit dinner and his favorite food at her apartment. One year later he surprised her with a ring that proposed marriage. Samantha accepted as she kissed and hugged her future husband. It was a beautiful wedding as their story was told to the guests. Maybe a life is saved, yet in the long run may have been for the purpose of getting together. They both now stand on the same platform in the same subway station going to work. This time there are no distractions as distance is kept from the edge of a platform...

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was a really good read. You sir are universes better than the average writer. Bravo!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

I am so much flattered by this most beautiful compliment! Thank you so much DoormanDan!
Enchanting story of a modern day knight saving his future love. Did you mean "Steven was standing just behind her" twice? Enjoyed this.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Glad you liked it Botania and Steven stood behind her for the rest of his life.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 21, 2014
Last Updated on November 21, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing