It Was Fluffy..by Michael

It Was Fluffy..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Eleven year old Evelyn got the surprise of her life from mom and dad. A birthday present that would be her very first pet. She unwrapped the gift and in a small carrying case was a baby kitten. It meowed and was immediately but gently picked up by the happy little girl. Her parents smiled as they knew their daughter made a loving connection right away with her new pet. A big smile and hugs was Evelyn's thank you to mom and dad. They showed their daughter where the litter box was, the cat food, and the water bowl which needed to be changed every day. It wasn't a chore, but a labor of love as Evelyn took care of her new lovely kitten. Fluffy the name given to her as she responded whenever her name was mentioned. She would jump up onto Evelyn's bed and cuddle with her as she purred with delight until they both fell asleep. In the morning the little girl would be awakened when Fluffy would brush her little tail against her face. That meant it was time for fresh food and water. Evelyn petted her head and kissed her little princess every morning as the bond and love grew between them. The now twenty one year old was about to move out of her parents home. She took her now adult cat with her. Fluffy died of natural causes from age and health issues. Evelyn cried as the love of her life was now gone. Five years later a bowl of fresh food and water was placed in the kitchen as was done before. Evelyn went to sleep as usual with a special prayer for her beloved Fluffy. A meow was heard the next morning and Evelyn felt a tail brush up against her face. The shadow figure of a cat was seen walking back and forth between the two bowls. It was Fluffy...
Maybe we hear, feel, and see things that confirm that love never dies. A visit that was answered in a special prayer, by one who asked, and one who answered. Case in point in a short love story, where in this tearful but loving journey, it was Fluffy....
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

awwww that's really cute....

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thanks Alexis...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 23, 2014
Last Updated on November 23, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing