For A Favorite Song..by Michael

For A Favorite Song..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

It was only a few days stop over in Texas for a well needed rest from a cross country trip. George checked into the motel , unpacked and fell asleep right away from exhaustion. He woke up at eight o'clock that evening feeling refreshed and decided to go out. The local bar was in walking distance so that was a plus for not having to drive back to the motel. A New York boy who loved country music, as this bar supplied it with live entertainment. The waitress served him at his table with the first beer as they chatted briefly in between drinks that night. "I'll be on my break for twenty minutes if you feel like dancing", she said to George. At that time the band was also on a break, so he dropped a few quarters in the jukebox. He approached Jessica while she sat at her own table and asked for this dance. It was as low one and a song that they both really liked. Not many words were spoken as each just enjoyed the moments of holding one another. George waved goodbye to Jessica as he left the bar and walked back to the motel. His stay was up and it was time to leave for the rest of his cross country trip. The parking lot was  quiet as he got into his car. A young lady was at the exit with a suitcase sitting beside her feet. The tears in her eyes were a plea for something he never expected. George stopped the car and got out as he put her suitcase in the trunk. Jessica leaned her head on his shoulder as she took a well deserved nap. The cross country trip was continued but not alone anymore. New York was her new home on the way back as sometimes we make stops going to and coming back from where we need to be. She kissed her husband at the wedding and when the band went on a break, they both walked to the jukebox for a favorite song....
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on November 26, 2014
Last Updated on November 26, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing