A Matter Of Transfer..by Michael

A Matter Of Transfer..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Kevin woke up one morning and found some sand in his bed. He knew that the day before he wasn't at the beach, so this puzzled him. Then he remembered a dream from just a little while ago about being on a beach. The sheets went into the laundry and Kevin forgot about it after a few days. A vivid dream of him swimming in a pool had happened one cold December night. A place where we sometimes wish we were during the summer. His bed was soaked upon awakening and the strong smell of chlorine that pools often have filled his bedroom. He finally realized what was going on here. Certain dreams would carry over to real life in his bed the following morning. It didn't make sense, but Kevin accepted it and also kept it to himself as nobody else would believe this. In the next dream he won the lottery but woke up only to realize it was just a wish fulfillment that a lot of us have. He rolled over on his pillow and felt something unfamiliar. Something made of thin cardboard was beneath his face. It was a lottery ticket from that night in a dream. He cashed it in real life and was very rich for about a year or so. Then he spent it and lost everything due to bad decisions. Money was not happiness as he soon found out. There was a dream soon afterwards where Kevin met the girl he was to fall in love with. It lasted several nights as it had to be continued. A wedding took place on the final night of his continuing dreams and he smiled just before waking up. Kathy kissed him good morning, a new bride from the night before. Maybe this is all it was supposed to be about. A special gift of dreams turning into reality where happiness is not measured in dollars and cents. Kathy had some similar dreams a few years before as a wake up call was shared by both. A matter of transfer....
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a lovely dream! I'm glad this dream became a reality for you.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

It was just fiction, yet it gives hope to all of those who believe.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 27, 2014
Last Updated on November 27, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing