The Hall Of Records

The Hall Of Records

A Story by Michael Reisman

Henry met some old friends he used to know. They greeted him with open arms, both male and female. Eventually he got used to his new surroundings and settled into a new way of life. Favorite places were visited from before and some of them brought back a lot of fond memories. One particular place triggered a name that he used to know and he wondered about her. One of his former friends he confided in about this matter and got some good advice. Henry was told about the hall of records. Easy to find and in alphabetical order was the name he was looking for. Isabel had signed the register just like all newcomers do. It was only after three days after he had checked in himself that she did also. Her address was listed as he drove to her home just a few miles away. Favorite flowers were clutched in one hand as the other rang the doorbell. Her eyes opened wide as she answered the door and recognized him right away. "Come in my dear Henry, we have so much to talk about". She told him how she was going to look him up in the hall of records to see if he had arrived or not. "Well, I guess I found you first", he replied. Old lovers hugged and kissed once again as now it was their permanent time together. A register is signed when you check in at the hall of records. It is a place called Heaven where one can be looked up and visited. For Henry and Isabel it was only a matter of three days apart on arrival. Her favorite flowers were on display at their outdoor wedding shortly afterwards. It was a heavenly ceremony as a choir of Angels sang in the background. Good time for former lovers where one finds the other in the hall of records...
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
Added on December 8, 2014
Last Updated on December 8, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing