A Clue To Remember..by Michael

A Clue To Remember..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Audrey went to school as usual during the week, but this particular Wednesday she never returned home. Her parents called the police and reported her missing. Unfortunately they had to wait 48 hours as a lot of missing end up as runaways and not taken seriously. My name is John and I was the detective on the case who started the investigation earlier than usual. You see, time is of the essence in finding information and possible witnesses. posters were put up and flyers out by the Connecticut couple as a news broadcast pleaded for help to anyone with information. The 14 year old was missing for 2 years as I had no clues or leads on her location. She was presumed dead by the press, but I never gave up. A friend and fellow student of hers came forward and remembered an important detail of the day she disappeared which had slipped his mind. He remembered her standing at the bus stop and getting into a car as he looked out the bus window. A partial license plate which he saw was revealed under hypnosis. That was my big break in the case. The plate number was finally narrowed down to a third suspect. One town away, I pulled up to the house and knocked on the door. An old man and lady stood there as I heard a girl sobbing in the living room behind them. My backup unit rushed into the house and the old couple was placed under arrest. Sixteen year old Audrey hugged me around my neck as I took her to my police car and proceeded to drive her home. A seven car police escort drove back to the town she lived in. Everybody came out of their homes including the mom and dad. It was a seen never to be forgotten. Audrey ran to her parents and hugged and kissed them like she never had before. The entire block applauded as the event was captured by the local news media. I am now retired, but have to say that this was one of the best cases that I had ever solved. Maybe a relentless detective finds the one missing clue to save a child's life. A clue to remember....

© 2014 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Either you are a really awesome human being for solving that investigation or you are a really awesome writer.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

A little bit of both my friend.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

283 Views
1 Review
Added on December 9, 2014
Last Updated on December 9, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing