A Yellow Rose..by Michael

A Yellow Rose..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Sarah woke up with a smile as sunny as a yellow rose was the last thing she remembered. It was in a vase and she knew it was a gift, yet the details of the dream faded quickly as most often do. William sat in a diner waiting for his date to show up, but she never did. Sarah entered that Saturday afternoon and sat across from him at another booth. Once in a while they would look at each other and just smile. They finished their lunch at the same time, left a tip on the table, and then went up front to pay their check. A casual few smiles from before turned into a conversation as one stood behind the other in front of the cash register. "Can I see you again"? he asked and she replied "yes" with a smile. A first date was set up for the following weekend at a beautiful park that summer not too far away from where they both lived. He picked a yellow rose from the garden when Sarah wasn't looking and handed it to her when he took her home. Not bought and stolen didn't matter to her. It was just the thought that counted at the time. The next date was the following evening as he knocked on her door with a vase in his hands. A dream suddenly remembered hit her like a ton of bricks. It was now clear who the gift came from as she placed the yellow rose in the vase and set it on her night table in the bedroom. It was about three years later when Sarah and William got married. Two sons and a daughter were born unto them in the coming years. Her daughter had a dream about a yellow rose but didn't understand it as most fade away and are forgotten. She went a diner some many years later and sat in a booth where the man next to her smiled quite often. Her first date was in a park where her new boyfriend picked a flower and gave to her when he drove her home. A vase sits on her night table in the bedroom with a yellow rose.....
 
 
 

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
Added on January 1, 2015
Last Updated on January 1, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing