A Sunday Morning In Heaven..by Michael

A Sunday Morning In Heaven..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Mostly on weekends, Audrey's parents dropped her off at grandma's house for an overnight stay. The ten year old little girl had a special bond with her and loved those weekends together. They would talk, play games, and watch television together before going to bed. The mornings were very special as Audrey always looked forward to grandma's blueberry pancakes. A Sunday morning spent in heaven before mom and dad picked her up. Grandma always wore her favorite blue dress with her gray hair pulled back in a tight bun. That was how Audrey always remembered her while growing up. Now at nineteen years old, her parents broke the sad news to their daughter that grandma had passed away. All three of them cried and hugged each other for comfort. At twenty five years old, Audrey moved out of the nest and got her own apartment. She awoke one Sunday morning from the aroma of a childhood memory that smelled like blueberry pancakes. That dish sat there on the kitchen table as it was real as life itself. A fading image of an old lady in a favorite blue dress with gray hair pulled back in a tight bun waved goodbye. Then she disappeared through the front door of Audrey's kitchen. Her favorite Sunday morning breakfast was eaten and she smiled to herself. Maybe special bonds are never broken, as love never dies. It comes back in the form of a visit by a little old lady in a favorite blue dress with her hair pulled back in a tight bun. The faded image returned occasionally as hugs and kisses were exchanged on a Sunday morning spent in heaven...Case in point about grandma and grand daughter who now spend quite a few Sunday mornings together....
 
 
 
[email protected]

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Its really nicely laid down ... nice way to let the reader find each word and the meaning of the story is so strong

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A fantastic story. I feel it is a talent for any writer to produce such a piece in such tight parameters. I, like many, applaud such skill and precision. I look forward to reading your other pieces.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thank you for this beautiful compliment! You also might want to take a look at my 18 published books.. read more
Mr_M

9 Years Ago

I will check them out Michael.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 10, 2015
Last Updated on January 10, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing