Sunshine Park..by Michael

Sunshine Park..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Henry was forty five years old now, but he often thought childhood memories as most of us often do. It was when times were carefree and simple as kids laugh and giggle as they play. Somehow he knew where it used to be and decided to go back to visit Sunshine Park. It was carefully planned out during the summer when school was closed and he even picked a weekend to go so it would be a time when nobody was really there. Henry drove for about an hour to a borough he grew up in and parked in front of a grammar school he once attended. Across the street was Sunshine Park. Inside was playground where most of the kids his age would swing on the swings, climb the monkey bars, and bobble up and down on see saws. It was during recess, lunch breaks, and after school activities that the kids would be there. Judy was forty four years old now, but she often thought about childhood memories as most of us often do. She drove to Sunshine Park to recapture her youth. Henry slid down the sliding pond and then climbed the monkey bars as he laughed and smiled at memories that made him feel like a kid once more. Judy sat on a bench and watched. There was something she knew or remembered as Henry sat on a seesaw by himself. Two missing pieces of a part of a puzzle came together when she sat down and Henry and Judy rode up and down once more. "Yes, I remember you", they both said together at the same time. The following summer a place was rented for an outdoor wedding. The priest looked up at the couple who were sitting together on the sliding pond as he pronounced them man and wife. The guests applauded as Henry and Judy slid down and then proceeded to climb the monkey bars. A slow dance was played after a ride on the seesaw by the bride and groom. Beyond reality we look at events that make us smile anyway. Judy kissed me goodnight before we left Sunshine Park....
 

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it. As someone said, it needs to be cut in paragraphs.

Posted 1 Year Ago


This is a sweet story. I kinda feel nostalgic when I read this.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A great story. One thing to consider is the structure. A large block of text is harder to dive into than individual paragraphs. There's also a few minor voice issues. I dig it though. It's nice to read something nice.

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thanks for enjoying it.
Very nice, very upbeat. zzzzzzthis coupld really were able to recaputre childhood...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Those fond memories always come back.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 15, 2015
Last Updated on January 15, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing