Two Skinny Candles..by Michael

Two Skinny Candles..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Julia always celebrated her birthday with a single candle as it was always one more year to her life. There were many parties given by her parents while growing up and many more continued when she lived as an adult on her own. On her thirtieth birthday she went to celebrate at a local bar and brought one small candle with her. Those little skinny ones we used in our birthday cakes. James took a little skinny candle out of his shirt pocket to remind him of his thirtieth birthday. He was sitting next to her by chance or maybe something more called fate. She reached into her blouse pocket as she noticed what he did. "Excuse me, but why are you holding that skinny candle"? she asked. "Well, it's my thirtieth birthday and I do this every year" he replied. She held up hers and said "me too". They were both quite amazed at this same habit and event as each of them was sitting next to each other. He bought the next round of drinks and said "happy birthday". She did the same shortly thereafter. This strange occurrence led to their dating each other. It was only two years later that they sat at a table which was reserved for the bride and groom. It happened to be on their thirty second birthday celebration. The wedding cake had two skinny candles. Maybe we have our own personal celebrations which turn out to be with someone else. Case in point in a short love story about Julia and James, where we meet and eventually fall in love over two skinny candles....

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Bravo sir, very good story.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thanks for enjoying it.
Very good! Short yet to the point. I liked how the end sentence added a bit of feeling to the piece. Nice job and keep it up!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Glad you liked it!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 20, 2015
Last Updated on January 20, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing