The Legacy Continues..by Michael

The Legacy Continues..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

As a child growing up, Regina loved to ice skate during those winter months. She used to live in New York City and her parents would take her to Rockefeller Plaza, where the rink was a big attraction for tourists and locals alike. The flower of our youth sometimes makes us want to go back to those favorite times. She drove back to Manhattan to relive those memories. It was mid December as Regina bundled up and dressed warmly for that cold winter day. She arrived and rented her skates at 12 PM. The piped in music played over the loud speakers as she glided over the white ice and smiled. Regina chuckled to herself as memories of falling down quite often happened during those younger years. She then took an unexpected fall while thinking of those laughable moments. The now thirty eight year old felt two arms around her waist as they picked her up off the ice. "Hello Regina, it's me Rodney. This was how we first met when I was twenty one and you were nineteen". She remembered him along with his face, his name, and that incident. They hugged and kissed for a second time at this very strange coincidence of meeting each other once again. Regina and Rodney stayed longer then expected that day. They took off their skates and went to one of the restaurants for dinner and drinks. He also loved to ice skate while growing up and just happened to go back to a city he used to live in. It turned out that they now both lived in the same borough only fifteen minutes away from each other. Some ten years later, this now husband and wife took their young son and daughter to that same rink where they all now lived just a short drive away. They grew up with fond memories of falling down and being picked up once again. Maybe the legacy continues as two young people visit a rink in December. A former boyfriend and girlfriend help them up off of the ice. The rest of this story is obvious as the legacy continues.....

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is quite lovely. Really enjoyed reading it!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thanks for this lovely compliment!
Interesting preview...............
Waiting for next.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thanks for enjoying it. See my 18 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 21, 2015
Last Updated on January 21, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing