Aunt Agnes..by Michael

Aunt Agnes..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Most kids growing up have their favorite relative. It could be a grandpa, grandma, aunt or uncle. For Andrea her favorite relative was aunt Agnes, her mother's sister. There is always a special bond and love between the child and the adult for one reason or another. Andrea used to spend every other Saturday night sleeping over at her aunt's house. It was mom and dads time alone together going out and not having to pay for a babysitter. Aunt Agnes would play games with her, watch those favorite shows, and cook her favorite meals. Macaroni and cheese was a regular routine as it was Andreas favorite dinner those Saturday evenings. She would be picked up before 12 noon those Sundays by her parents. It was when Andrea turned twenty years old that mom and dad sat their daughter down for a talk. It was something that nobody ever wants to hear. "Aunt Agnes passed away last night from a sudden heart attack", they said to their daughter in the simplest words possible. All three of them cried, then hugged to comfort one another. It was Amanda's first funeral that was attended and very emotional indeed. One year later, a day before the now adult little girl was about to move out of her parents home, something very special happened. She smelled a dish of macaroni and cheese even though there was none to be found in the kitchen she searched. Then she saw aunt Agnes walk through the closed front door with a smile and love in her eyes. She said, "good choice on your new apartment and good luck. I will always be with you". Before the image faded, it glided over to Amanda and kissed her on the cheek. The adult little girl cried, but this time not of sadness, but with joy. Maybe someone special comes back for a special message that makes things alright once again. Case in point in a short love story about Amanda, a Sunday morning, and a visit from aunt Agnes...
 
 

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
Added on January 22, 2015
Last Updated on January 22, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing