The Little Things..by Michael

The Little Things..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

The little things are what most of us remember while looking back. I miss having a smoke at the local bar and restaurant. Where is my 15 cent token I used to drop in the subway turn style? Swiping a card 5 times doesn't seem to work. Cash never had interest fees or hidden penalties like credit cards do. It's the little things I miss. The old coke machine and the hula hoop, a payphone that worked with nickels, dimes, and quarters. Not a cell phone where it is glued to the ears of those in car fatalities and crossing a street oblivious to the red light. What happened to my transistor radio? Stations that used to play music and songs we once understood and enjoyed. Oh, the little things that are no more. I can remember when a handshake sealed a deal and not a ten page document signed by a lawyer. Remember house calls by a doctor? No more the personal attention we used to get. In a shoe box I opened that was forgotten about, was an ankle chain and a photo of a girlfriend from twenty years ago. It made me cry again how she left me and returned that special gift for her. I found a rare phone booth that maybe was the last one on this planet. My patience was waiting for the lady already in it to leave. Through the rain and fog and our two broken down cars we recognized each other. It's funny how twenty years seems like yesterday. Our smiles wiped away the rain and fog as we hugged and kissed without saying a word. For some reason I had the shoe box in the back seat of my car. We sat there together as I opened it and she looked at me with wondering eyes. It fit perfectly on her left ankle as it did once before. We found a coke machine on the way to our honeymoon. She pulled out an old transistor radio from her purse as some old tunes played once again. Case in point in a short love story about me and an old girlfriend, where something brought us back together known as the little things....

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very nostalgic of you. You must of grew up in a simpler and magical time. You can still have those little pleasures still now. However, you placed me in a time capsule and as I read on I feel I had glimpse at your past. Nice Description lovely tone. good work!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

A beautiful compliment for sure.



Reviews

That was a really constructed piece of writing. It felt like I could put myself in your shoes. Your words really speak to me. Keep up the nice work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

You felt the story completely and glad you liked it.
Very nostalgic of you. You must of grew up in a simpler and magical time. You can still have those little pleasures still now. However, you placed me in a time capsule and as I read on I feel I had glimpse at your past. Nice Description lovely tone. good work!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

A beautiful compliment for sure.
I loved this....it made me jump back in time and reminisce of the good old days.
I loved how you taken your journey of the good old times to search
in the times of the new and meet up with a old skool love.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thank you for enjoying this. The mind is a wonderful time machine.
I enjoyed that story Michael. I wasn't expecting the shortness of it or how powerful it was. Interesting.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thank you ryan for enjoying it. I try to say a lot in as few words as possible.
Ryanosis

9 Years Ago

It was great. Would you please read mine? I didn't get one review yet. :(

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 27, 2015
Last Updated on January 27, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing