Something Home Grown..by Michael

Something Home Grown..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Beth took pride in her garden with beautiful planted flowers and home grown tomatoes. The flowers were left there, but the tomatoes were picked and used to make her favorite lettuce salad. Bill lived next door and their backyard gardens were right next to each other. He also planted flowers, yet this was the first time he noticed her big red ripe tomatoes. Bill rang her bell one summer afternoon and asked Beth to teach him how to plant what he had never seen before. She drove him to the garden store and showed exactly what to buy. Then Beth showed him what to do in his own garden to get things started. He was invited over for lunch the following weekend as a grilled cheese sandwich with a light green lettuce salad and French dressing was served. He smiled when the home grown tomatoes were included in the salad. They talked about their favorite lunch as he said, "much better now when it's home grown". When his tomatoes bloomed large enough to pick, they were taken into his house. She was invited for lunch towards the end of that summer as Beth smiled at his choice of what was selected. He shook the salad dressing and poured it over her dish. "You did good Bill as your tomatoes taste just as good as mine". This started their serious dating relationship over the next three years. The fourth year was very special for sure. It was just for the bride and groom and not for any of the guests. A grilled cheese sandwich with a light green lettuce salad was served to them. French dressing included. Something sliced up which was big and red and juicy sat in their bowls. Home grown tomatoes which are now shared in one backyard garden. Maybe love happens for two neighbors who have similar backyard gardens. Case in point in a short love story about Beth and Bill, where love and tomatoes bloom into something home grown...

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on February 2, 2015
Last Updated on February 2, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing