My Darling Cindy..by Michael

My Darling Cindy..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

The flower of my youth was a fond memory of me as a young adult. I was twenty two years old and had a beautiful cat named Cindy. one hot summer evening I had left the kitchen window open a little more than what was intended. It led to our outdoor fire escape from my third floor of the apartment building in which I was then living. The following morning Cindy was nowhere to be found. I looked at the open kitchen window and realized how she must have gotten out. I cursed at myself and then cried. The landlord helped me post of flyers and said she would have all of the other tenants look around for my lost baby. After three weeks had gone by, I lost all hope of her ever being found. One morning I went through my usual routine of fixing coffee and then taking out a cigarette. A box of wooden matches sat on the kitchen table as I pulled one out. Suddenly I heard a meow and turned my head in the direction of Cindy's voice. She was sitting on top of a dresser in my bedroom which was just to the right of me. I took the cigarette out of my mouth and put the match back on the kitchen table. As I walked towards her, my front door was broken into by two fireman. "We have an emergency here and everybody here has to leave this building", as they escorted me outside. On the way out I grabbed the box of matches and the cigarette from the kitchen table. Before I lit my late morning smoke, the landlord swiped them from my hand. She told me there was a gas leak and if I had lit that match, it could blow up the place that we all lived in. I found out later on that day, my Cindy was found by the landlord, run over by a car. The animal hospital couldn't save her as she died just a few hours before I had awakened that morning. I put the pieces of the puzzle together of why this strange event had occurred. Cindy came back and distracted me for a moment , stopping me from lighting that match. Something that would have blown up my apartment along with me in it. Maybe the love that our pets have for us goes beyond death itself. She saved my life and most likely the lives of others. Thank you my darling Cindy...

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

She saved my life and most likely the lives of others. Thank you my darling Cindy...

It is said that animals can smell the evil and sensed the disaster. It is, Your story is, telling that when an animal loved us they believe us and make sure there may not be any harm. Terrific story.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Glad you liked it and thank you so much.
Saddam

9 Years Ago

You are most welcome dear friend...



Reviews

She saved my life and most likely the lives of others. Thank you my darling Cindy...

It is said that animals can smell the evil and sensed the disaster. It is, Your story is, telling that when an animal loved us they believe us and make sure there may not be any harm. Terrific story.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Glad you liked it and thank you so much.
Saddam

9 Years Ago

You are most welcome dear friend...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
1 Review
Added on February 3, 2015
Last Updated on February 3, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing