Where They Left Off

Where They Left Off

A Story by Michael Reisman

Amy was in the city shopping one Friday afternoon. Just a few items were bought so she wouldn't be bogged down carrying a lot of stuff back home on the subway. On the way back she noticed an address on a familiar building she used to work in back in the 1970's. Amy decided to pay a visit. It was in the sub basement where one needed to take the freight elevator to get there. Her former boss was still there, but a lot older now than she remembered him to be. He recognized the former mail clerk from fifteen years ago as they talked in his office about old times. A second familiar place was observed by her in the lobby. "Brew N Burger", the buildings favorite place to eat and drink on those Friday nights after work. She placed her shopping bag on the floor under the stool at the bar where she now sat. The green celery stalk stirred her once favorite Friday night bloody Mary. A young man sat next to her at the bar and ordered the same drink. That was made her look at him. He looked older than what she remembered him to be, but knew exactly who he was. A former mail clerk from back in the 70's she used to work with in that same mail room. They caught up on old times as both stayed at the bar a little longer than expected. Each of them reached down and picked up their shopping bags from underneath the stools. They rode the subway back home together and were amazed how they each got off at the same stop where they lived. Their former boss was invited to the wedding as it was a reunion of sorts. Maybe an unexpected visit to a former place of work, along with a favorite Friday night hangout was the reason things turned out the way they were supposed to be. Case in point in a short love story about Amy and Arthur which continues on where they left off....

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The story is about casualty. I like it.

Its also nice to know their age, i think this will help with the image of Amy.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Just a few suggestions:

On the way back(,) she noticed an address
You repeat words often eg. Former
Your short sentences ruin the rhythm of your writing

"Amy was in the city shopping one Friday afternoon.(she is in the city but where if she was buying something?) Just a few items were bought so she wouldn't be bogged down carrying a lot of stuff back home on the subway.

Amy found herself in a small convenient store in the city one Friday afternoon, she bought only a few items not wanting to be bogged down as she returned home on the subway???????

like I said these are only suggestions I am not perfect but try to help where I can.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

274 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 4, 2015
Last Updated on February 4, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing