The Edge Of Daylight..by Michael

The Edge Of Daylight..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

The edge of daylight peeked through her bedroom window at sunrise one Saturday morning. Caroline rubbed her eyes and slowly made her way into the kitchen to fix some coffee. She kissed the portrait photo that sat on the table which reminded her of a husband missing in action some ten years before. Anthony awoke from a coma in a hospital a few miles away and wondered how he got there in the first place. His last memory was in a thick forest with a loud gunshot just as the sun came up. The doctor handed him a photo, the only possession found on him at the edge of daylight in front of the emergency room. He knew the name of Caroline but just wasn't sure how they knew each other. After rehabilitation he left the hospital and called for a taxi. His unconscious mind told the driver where to go as Anthony had no idea why. It was a Saturday morning as the edge of daylight peeked through the front windshield of the taxi cab. He held an old photo in his hand and knocked on the door. "Caroline"? he asked. She cried and then shouted "my Anthony, where have you been"? It all came back to him in flooding memories of what was used to be. Sunday morning arrived where they made love the night before as they did so many times, so many years ago. We forget and remember with love and hope in our hearts. Case in point in a short love story about Caroline and Anthony, who recaptured the edge of daylight....

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
Added on February 14, 2015
Last Updated on February 14, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing