A Daisy And Footprints..by Michael

A Daisy And Footprints..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

It was at a summer day camp where they first met. Johnny and Clara were just thirteen and twelve when it all started. Their parents noticed how they hung out a lot together during this first meeting and smiled at each other. One day Johnny picked up a daisy and handed it to Clara as even thirteen year olds know the meaning of a flower. She smiled and kissed him on the cheek as this made them officially boyfriend and girlfriend. It was found out that this summer day camp was a regular yearly visit by both families. The second meeting happened next July and August as Johnny and Clara along with their parents visited a nearby beach. Little footprints surrounded a sand castle they built together as their parents watched and knew they really were attracted to each other. This went on for the next seven summers until they finally visited each others homes at the ages of now twenty one and twenty. Official dating began from Brooklyn to Queens as each of their parents somehow felt it would. No more summer day camps for their kids as now young adults they would make their own vacations. Johnny and Clara met in a park one weekend for a simple picnic. He returned to the blanket after picking a daisy from nearby. A gesture she remembered from way back when as this time she kissed him on the lips. They both laughed then cried together at the fond memories that first brought them together. Sunday they went to the beach and built a sand castle together. Footprints now a little larger were left in the wet sand. Clara gave a beautiful speech at their wedding two years later as their parents smiled and cried at the same time. Johnny handed her something that was picked up ahead of time. They hugged as the crowd stood up and applauded as Clara held a daisy in her hand. Summer camps and a few years have a way with growing up with love in your heart. The cover of their wedding album was very emotional. It showed the bride and groom on a beach with a daisy and footprints around a sand castle...

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

276 Views
Added on February 16, 2015
Last Updated on February 16, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing