Short Tunes, Long Dances..by Michael

Short Tunes, Long Dances..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Music, the universal language of the heart and soul. It moves us in many different ways through our stereos and on dance floors with special ones from today and the past. This is my story...It begins in an after hours bar where those sober enough choose to continue until the early morning hours. Lonely souls looking for that special someone that never was found a few hours earlier. Maybe the booze was our medicine for healing the pain. It was silent except for the low volume of chatter that went on at the bar where I was sitting. The jukebox beckoned me to put some quarters in and play something special that would make this early morning worthwhile. I recognized a song that was a favorite oldie of mine from 1978. A two word title that read "The Rose", by Bette Midler. It started to play and then I felt a tap on my shoulder. "Want to dance"? she said and I replied by putting my arms around her as if she was the last woman on earth. The song ended but we didn't care and kept on dancing for we didn't want to let go. Others who there stared at us and noticed something very special as they smiled. For them there was no longer a lonely feeling as they witnessed something that gave them hope for a future encounter. My dance partner and I heard a round of applause which woke us up and snapped us back to reality. The people who were there put in their own quarters and played that exact same song. The guest list was filled out and mailed as invitations. Along with our family and friends there was a small group of people that attended our wedding. Some of the ladies there had engagement rings on their fingers when they danced to a song long after it had stopped playing....

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on February 25, 2015
Last Updated on February 25, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing