The Right Thing To Do..by Michael

The Right Thing To Do..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Next to a pole on a subway platform sat a red wallet. He bent down and picked it up just as the train was arriving. Credit cards, photos, a drivers license along with 600 dollars in cash was found. Maybe the money was a Xmas bonus he thought to himself as it was now the end of December. Michael carefully placed each item back where it was originally found after getting home from work. She noticed her wallet missing on lunch hour that day when going shopping and cried all the way home. Esther looked through the peephole of her front door that evening when the doorbell rang at 8 P M. She saw a hand holding a red wallet and immediately opened the door. "I found your wallet next to a pole on the subway platform and thought you may want it back', Michael said to her. She cried once more, but this time with tears of joy. "I never thought I would see it again, especially with all of my credit cards and 600 dollars in cash", Melanie replied. "It was the right thing to do", he said to her. They spent New Years Eve together from a chance set of circumstances that don't usually happen in our lives. One year later on that same day, she picked up a black wallet that sat next to a pole on that same subway platform. The photo and name on his drivers license matched that of her boyfriend Michael. He opened the front door as they both stood there with a similar set of events that happened a year before. It all seemed to point to the right thing to do. He opened a special zipper compartment that an engagement ring was kept for a special occasion. Michael placed it on Melanie's finger just before the train arrived. On loves path we find items lost and found in a place where we are supposed to be at the right time. After all, it's the right thing to do....
 

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Refreshing! Thanks for sharing :-)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Glad you liked it and thanks so much :-)
This is cool and really nice.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thank you for enjoying it. You may like some of my 18 books of short stories. See them at www.michae.. read more
This is cool and really nice.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 1, 2015
Last Updated on March 1, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing