I'm Already There..by Michael

I'm Already There..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Joey Crawford opened the letter he received from back home. It was from the wife and son he left behind when he was called to serve his country. "Be safe and come home soon. We miss you very much and the nights here are so lonely here without you", she wrote as he cried amidst the gunfire and exploding shells in the background. He wrote back to her "there is not a night gone by where in my dreams I tuck our son in and then join you in our bedroom. I'm already there"..The war raged on as the letters continued between a loving wife and a tired weary soldier. Joey was wounded and flown back to the states as he lay in a hospital bed only a few miles from home. He wrote to his wife and son "sorry I didn't get in touch sooner, but I was in transit on a plane coming home. The doctors say I can be released in another day or two. Don't come to the hospital, I don't want you or our son to see me like this. Fluff up our pillows my darling, "I'm already there". She had welcome home banners placed outside the door and prepared a special dinner as Janet and their son awaited for the return of a dad and a husband back from a war torn country a day or two before. Joey Crawford was buried with full honors for bravery and courage above and beyond the call of duty. He never knew that he was killed in action and neither did his wife or son. Some Angels had Joey standing in front of his house knocking on the front door. He sat down for a special dinner and then tucked his son in. "Goodnight", his wife called out from their bedroom. You coming in soon my darling"? "I'm already there" he whispered to her.....

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on March 10, 2015
Last Updated on March 10, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing